We are required to comply with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), from 25th May 2018 it replaces the 1998 Data Protection Act. The GDPR aims to protect the privacy, rights and freedoms of all EU citizens, and more stringent requirements on organisations relating to how they process personal information.
Personal Information is defined as any information (data) which can be used to directly or indirectly identify a living individual. This includes: your name; date of birth; home or work address, postcode; telephone and mobile numbers; email addresses.
How do we use the information you give us? In a nut shell we use the information you provide us...
- To administer your account and may disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing your order such as personalised goods or delivery.
- And, from time to time, to inform you by post, email or other available means of products, services, promotions and special offers that we have.
- We will only contact you by telephone if there is a query regarding your order.
The Nitty Gritty
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.theweddingparty.co.uk or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, text or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, and in some case financial and credit card information.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information: to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
· We use information held about you in the following ways: to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· We may share your information with selected third parties including: Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
· We never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
· We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other businesses and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity with us.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information which is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies which are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies which enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can click the UNSUBSCRIBE link on any newsletter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com
How you can update your information: The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Wedding Party, 172 Fairway, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk, NR8 5GB us on 07793200055.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
· Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Sarah Christodoulides, The Wedding Party, 172 Fairway, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk, NR8 5GB in writing.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please write to Data controller: Sarah Christodoulides, The Wedding Party, 172 Fairway, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk, NR8 5GB
We will ask you for proof of identity and provide you with a response within 30 days.
page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back